25.4.11

the old country waltz

Photobucket

(Outfit: 1950s day dress; TUK ballerina flats)

Hooray, it’s gingham season!! Here are yet more photos from my voyage chez-moi the other weekend. Both my parents (they’re divorced, but good friends/live near each other) have extremely picturesque historic homes in extremely picturesque rural landscapes. I was about to say I was lucky, as they make good backgrounds for my vintage clothes, but I think it’s vice versa: my appreciation of old things sprang from where I was raised.

These pictures come from the barn behind my mom’s house; it was built in the 1830s, I think, and certainly showing its age; seriously, I risk life and limb climbing around in the hayloft. It’s full of weird old antique farming implements and containers; it's a fun place to spend rainy days. 

Photobucket

Thank you, rays of sunlight, for being so photogenic!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope your weekends were wonderful! I have a big basket of chocolate bunnies and Peeps to go through; it'll be a wonder if I can still fit into my little vintage frocks for a while, haha! 

Also hit up some antique stores and came home with loads of magical finds-- to be featured soon!


17 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful dress! Yay for warmer weather and pretty dresses :) Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Pretty! Gingham is one of my favorites- so very spring/summer.

    Love that third picture, there's something incredibly charming about all that rough wood and various implements next to you in your pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky are you to have suich wonderful places for taking pics I am always envious of your backgrounds your clothes and your model looks I cant wait to see what lovelies you have to share soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great dress, and amazing hair! Great pictures too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, the shape and cut is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress you remind me of a young Loretta Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress, you are so lucky to live in such a fascinating place x

    ReplyDelete
  8. every season is gingham season to me!!! hehehe. I love these shots and your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is beautiful, gingham is just the most adorable fabric ever!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gingham (esp. red gingham) is my FAVOURITE...only I just can't get it to look as good on me as it does on YOU. That darling of dress suits you so so well! Happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gingham is so perfect for spring & autumn-- your dress is wonderful and well suited for the barn/rural environment. I like the way you did your hair with the little ribbon (or scrap of fabric?) too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me love gingham even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you gals!! As always, you all are so sweet <3

    I'm not at all surprised to find out what a lot of gingham lovers we all are, haha-- gingham truly is the epitome of vintage charm and old-fashioned summertimes : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the dress, and the great setting too! :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥