2.4.11

a feeling called the blues

Photobucket
(Outfit: Schumacher cashmere sweater, late 50s/early 60s "Tesoro" embroidered dress; antique Edwardian or 1920s scarf; Forever 21 ballet flats)

Well, I hope you all like the color blue, because I just ran and did an inventory, and I have 10 light blue vintage dresses, and plenty more that feature blue in a pattern. Then I have sundry blue separates. Oh, and the walls of both my bedrooms are blue (mother's house and father's house), as are my quilts and bed canopy and book shelves... I think you get the picture. It's really funny, as I never sat down and thought, "light shades of blue should be my signature color!". I guess I'm just instinctively drawn to their cool, fresh look, be it a wedgwood, cornflower, sky, pastel, or robin's egg hue. I also tend to favor red and ivory as accent colors, so it all works out quite well!

Do any of you have a color that's just "you"?
Photobucket

Photobucket

And no one knows about the blues like Hank, though they're blues of a different kind. I have been looking up a lot of his live recordings lately; I love hearing the banter at the beginnings and end. I wish I could afford that huge Mother's Best Collection that just came out!


Have a nice weekend!! See ya soon : )

10 comments:

  1. i used to hate red as a kid, it was pink all the way! but now i realise how much it suits me. i cant wait for it to get cold so i can wear this bright red 60s winter coat i got for my birthday! its a colour that pops!
    blue would be the runner up - blue socks, bright blue wall, blue clock (the cutest clock in existence), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoT10Zt3Zc In any case, this is a really great song from Hank that wasn't released 1982, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about 90% of my clothes might be blue! This outfit is perfect, you have the most amazing wardrobe!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same realisation about a year ago and went on a big dyeing spree. I made one green, one pink and one burgendy - and I still have a few light blue dresses!

    The colour I am most often drawn to is that lovely berry/burgendy/maroon that seems to be warm and energetic at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink seems to be creeping in to my wardrobe more and more. I look great in blue (brings out my eyes) and when in doubt, I go for red. But the proof is in the closet, and pink is it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and green are my go to's in my closet! I've been trying to branch out a bit and incorporate more red and yellows in but it's hard finding the right shade sometimes and blue and green are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find myself wearing a lot of red, not on purpose at all but some how it happens. I love that collar! feeling totally inspired to get dressed for uni tomorrow now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm the only person I know who can't settle on a color. My favorite to look at is pink, but to wear...I have no clue. My closet and the place I live is a rainbow. If I HAD to say something, I'd say gray (because it's not black or white, but still goes with all the other colors.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, ladies <3 I guess blue is a popular color!! Very nice; I think it's universally flattering! And reds and pinks seem to be just as popular; naturally! They're both such feminine and luscious colors.

    Rebeccak, I've never considered dyeing! I'm a little nervous it'd all go terribly wrong, but that'd be a fun way to mix up my existing wardrobe a bit!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥